Sunday, October 21, 2007

The QT on DST

In churches across the land this morning, many announcements from the pulpit included false information: The onset of Daylight Saving Time next Sunday.
Not this year.

Thanks for passage of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, DST has been extended by four weeks this year, ending on the first Sunday in November. The whole scheme is based upon the theory we’ll save an extra 10,000-barrels of oil a day through reduced use of power by businesses operating during daylight hours.

I think that’s probably just a bunch of hot air from Washington (which if captured, would probably contain sufficient BTU’s to light the Capitol Rotunda at night for a year. I could be wrong about that, though.)

I, for one, can’t wait for the return to Standard Time. I’m going to recapture that hour of lost sleep that was so abruptly jerked from beneath my pillow, lo these 6-1/2 months ago.
I’ve never fully recovered.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was getting the feeling you were just not yourself ever since we lost that hour back in April or was it May? ha Hope you really enjoy that extra hour of sleep.

Anonymous said...

Brent, ur a scream!!!!

Lynley

Brent Clanton said...

Actually, I've been only 23/24ths of myself...