Saturday, December 13, 2008

Merry Stinking Holidays

For Thanksgiving, I spent the entire day on the couch, huddled beneath a blanket, and comforted by the two canines in the house, Dazzle and Sophie. A raucous head cold pre-empted any plans for gastronomic festivities, and I sent the rest of the family over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house for the day.

One week later, I was healed.
Sort of.

This past weekend, I was afflicted by a viral infestation of another origin--and another target on my anatomy. The good news is, I suppose, that by suffering through this weekend, perhaps I will be well and whole and able to enjoy Christmas with my family without feeling like a dog (sorry, pups!)

Remember the TV Public Service ads warning against drug use:
"This is your brain...this is your brain on drugs" they intoned.

I think I found a corollary in my anti-nausea, anti-diarrheal induced stupor this weekend:

This is your toilet.

This is your toilet when you're really not feeling too swift.

Always follow label directions!

No comments: